Privacy & Security
At FlightNetwork®, providing a private and secure purchase environment is one of our top priorities. We want you to be as comfortable and at ease as possible when visiting our website. We are dedicated to protecting the privacy of those users who visit and browse our website.
While we are confident that transactions on our site are secure, we recognize that you may have concerns about purchasing travel online. The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however, therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
At FlightNetwork® you always have the option of calling one of our travel experts to complete your purchase.
We Respect Your Privacy. Protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your Personally Identifying Information has always been fundamental to the way we do business with you at FlightNetwork®, whether over the Internet, on the telephone or in person at our office.
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect two types of information.
What is Personally Identifiable Information?
- personally identifiable information; and
- non-personally identifiable information
Personally identifiable information (PII) is any piece of information which can potentially be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate a single person. . This includes information like your real name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card number, or other information that you submit to us voluntarily. We
will not collect any Personally Identifiable Information from you unless you voluntarily submit such information to us. Therefore, if you do not want us to obtain any Personally Identifiable Information about you, do not voluntarily submit such information to us.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
FlightNetwork® takes your privacy seriously and will not share your Personally Identifiable information without your consent. If you choose to use one of the features below, your PII will be used as follows:
Unless you give us permission to do so, FlightNetwork®
You do not have to provide us with any Personally Identifiable Information to visit or browse our website. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, you may not be able to visit or view all sections of our website.
Email and Other Voluntary Communications
- You may also choose to communicate with FlightNetwork®.com
Automatic Collection of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Information We Use
may use the Personally Identifiable Information collected through our website primarily for such purposes as:
- providing services and support to users;
- improving our website, including tailoring it to users’ preferences;
- responding to users’ questions, inquiries, comments and instructions;
- maintaining the security and integrity of our systems
In general, we use the Personally Identifiable Information collected on our website to enable you to make travel reservations and other travel related online purchases. When you make a reservation or purchase online with FlightNetwork®, we will share information about you and your purchase with the applicable travel suppliers. We will only provide the necessary information to ensure your travel arrangements are confirmed with these travel suppliers. The travel suppliers will use your credit-card information to process your ticket or reservation. We also use the Non-Personally Identifiable Information collected automatically by our servers internally primarily to help us administer and improve our website.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
Disclosure of Information
Laws and Legal Rights
We may also disclose your Personally Identifiable Information if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so in order to comply with any applicable statute, regulation, rule or law, a subpoena, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other valid legal process. We may disclose Personally Identifiable Information in special circumstances when we have reason to believe that providing such information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against a third party who may be violating our terms & conditions, or to protect the safety and/or security of our users, our website and/or the general public.
Third Parties Generally
We may provide to third parties, information about you that does not allow you to be identified or contacted, including where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our website. Third party vendors may have access to and may collect information needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. For instance, we may provide information to third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our website, the demographic breakdown of the registered users of our website, or the activities that visitors to our website engage in while on our website. The third parties to which we may provide this information may include potential or actual commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties.
We want to make the experience for you as easy as possible when visiting our website. One of the ways that we do this is with communication through email. We believe our email messages will provide you with useful information about travel-related special offers available through our website. You always have the option to choose not to receive any of our email communications via an unsubscribe link in each and every mailing. This way you control the emails that you do and do not wish to receive from us. FlightNetwork® will only mail to those who have opted-in to be mailed to or those that have transacted with us using our website. If you have chosen to unsubscribe to our email mail list, we will cease all sends within 10 days of your original request. Please note that during this 10 day period you may or may not receive another email send from us. Once you have unsubscribed from any email send, FlightNetwork® must receive an explicit request from you to re-subscribe before we can send any future email communications to you. Each of FlightNetwork®'s email communications includes a relevant subject line, our full company name, our postal address, IATA number and an easy method of contacting us at any time.
What kind of emails do we send?
We send a variety of email communications to our customers.
My FlightNetwork® Accounts
- If you have recently searched for a flight to Hawaii, we may send an email related to that product you have searched, along with other products and services that we think may be of interest to you.
- If you complete a purchase with us, we will send you an email confirming that purchase and three days prior to your departure date we may send a re-confirmation email to recap your flight details which may or may not include alternate products pertaining to your travel destination or that we feel may be of interest.
- 24 hours after you have returned from your trip we may send you a follow-up email asking you to complete a non-mandatory survey or provide feedback regarding your website or booking experience, which will help assist the company in making important website, call centre and customer service oriented decisions. This email may include travel products or services that we feel may be of interest to you.
- When subscribing to our 'Top Travel Deals' mailing list you will receive our weekly email Newsletter as well as updates on hot offers, web specials, seat sales, contests and new products and services. You may receive email communications 1-2 times weekly.
- When opting in to any of our email publications you may receive a welcome or thank you email from us confirming your participation. An example of this would include subscribing to our weekly Top Deals Newsletter.
- We may send you an email regarding any FlightNetwork® Price Drop Protection communication which may or may not include periodic updates on balances, new credits earned, expiration notices or travel products or services that we feel may be of interest to you.
- We also help to keep you informed about our travel related products by sending emails on your specific travel related interests. For example if you search for a flight to Vancouver, begin the booking process but do not complete your booking with us, we may send an email notice to serve as a reminder that you have recently began a booking on our website and that we can continue to help you complete it. We may also send an email offering a nearby Hotel or Car Rental to package with a flight that you may have already purchased. You may receive these types of email communications if (a) you are a My FlightNetwork® Account holder and abandon a search from our website (b) you click from any one of our FlightNetwork® emails, return back to our site and abandon a search or (c) you input your email address when attempting to confirm a booking and abandon
- If you register for a My FlightNetwork® Account you will receive an email welcoming you to the program that outlines features and benefits. Upon registering, if you choose to opt-in to our Top Deals weekly publication you will also receive a welcome email indicating your subscription confirmation.
- If you are the Main Account holder of a My FlightNetwork® account you may receive an email on your birthday if the information is provided to FlightNetwork® at the time of registration or any time thereafter.
When registering a My FlightNetwork® Account you can:
- choose not to provide us with any or all of your personal travel information or preferences such as preferred seating, special meal requests and frequent flyer numbers. However, providing this information will assist in faster checkouts and may be required to take advantage of certain features offered through this program
- add personal travel information or preferences for friends of family and delete these travelers at any time.
- personally close your account online at any time.
- choose the email subscriptions that you want to receive from us. The option to unsubscribe to our commercial messages is available at any time.
- contact us via an Account Help link at any time with questions on your My FlightNetwork® Account.
- view current and past flight bookings made with us.
- view your past search history made on our website.
- update your email address, name and password at any time.
- Take advantage of Price Drop Protection on products to which it is offered.
reserve the right to send you other email communications that are service related and may include service-type information, administrative communications relating to your My FlightNetwork® Account or to the transactions you make on our website. These publications are not considered commercial and do not offer you the opportunity to opt-out or unsubscribe.
Sale of Business
reserve the right to disclose and/or transfer information (including your Personally Identifiable Information) to a third party in the event of a proposed or actual sale, merger or other transfer of all or substantially all of the assets of FlightNetwork®
account (c) tailor certain advertisements to your browser that we think may be of interest to you or (d) determine the popularity of certain content on our website.
Although you do not have to accept cookies to use our website, you may not be able to use certain resources of our website if you choose not to accept cookies. Although most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, you may reset your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to reject cookies generally. Most browsers offer instructions on how to do so in the "Help" section of the toolbar.
Remember, FlightNetwork® will not disclose or sell any of your personal information, including your name, address, credit-card number, shopping, or transaction history to any third party without your permission. Please be aware that our site contains links to other sites and that the privacy practices of other sites may differ from those of FlightNetwork®. In certain situations, you may link to another site within a FlightNetwork® frame that shows a FlightNetwork® URL. In these cases FlightNetwork® makes all reasonable efforts to confirm the security and privacy practices of these sites, but despite the FlightNetwork®.com frame and URL, each site is responsible for its own privacy practices.
How to Contact Us
905 829 9102.
Contacting Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
If you have any questions or concerns about the practice dealings of FlightNetwork®, we would encourage you to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at the following address:
Privacy Commissioner of Canada
112 Kent Street
Phone: (613) 995-8210
Fax: (613) 947-6850
UPDATED: March 15, 2012