Digital Marketing Specialist
LOCATION: TORONTO, CANADA
Due to significant growth objectives, on May 1st 2017 we are relocating our Canadian headquarters to a brand new, custom-built modern space within minutes walking distance to Union Station in downtown Toronto.
Are you a data-driven marketer who’s more comfortable with Excel and financials than with the same old sales pitch? Or an insatiable online innovator, full of ideas of what else can be done in advertising beyond mere banners? In today’s world of digital marketing the lines begin to blur and blended skillsets, combined with a desire to succeed and excel, create new opportunities.
We’re looking for someone who can continue to grow and optimize our partnerships with comparison travel sites (TripAdvisor, TravelZoo, Cheapflights, Kayak, and SkyScanner etc.). You’ll also be at the forefront of FlightNetwork’s global marketing initiatives, as well as a key resource with developing pricing strategies. You will have the opportunity to accelerate your career in this dynamic role within a cool industry through a relentless drive to succeed. Your particular blend of creativity and data-centric, analytical thinking will allow you to take this opportunity to the next level.
If this sounds like you, search no further and apply. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who simply does what it takes to get the job done. Come join a growing team that consists of the best digital marketers around!
- - Generate new and manage existing business opportunities within the comparison shopping (3rd party) travel portfolio
- - Responsible for optimizing and renegotiating rates on existing and new products
- - Manage and grow relationships with third party vendors
- - Achieve an in-depth understanding of success metrics related to driving profit and ROI on various products and programs
- - Create opportunities to further penetrate existing accounts to maximize company-wide revenue by actively cross selling new product verticals
- - Monitor account and campaign wide performance for patterns, flaws or possible improvements
- - Become actively engaged in all facets of both, the travel sector and the e-commerce model
- - Work closely with E-mail, Organic/Paid SEM, Social and Analytics teams to create company-wide profit generating acquisition campaigns
- - Competitive research, analysis and recommendations on comparison sites to assist in business development efforts;
- - Identify market and internal trends, interpret results of analysis to recommend alternatives and new concepts to support optimal bidding strategies to achieve business growth and ROI objectives
- - Use multiple data sources internally and externally to gather, analyse and document pricing recommendations to enable the implementation of profit driving optimizations across all campaigns.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- - Bachelors Degree / diploma in a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- - 3 years Digital Marketing experience
- - Experience in negotiating, purchasing and managing a variety of online media campaigns (banners, emails, contextual etc.)
- - Experience within the travel/airline/OTA/vacation industry is a plus, but not essential.
- - Strong problem solving / analytical and research skills, to translate insights into profits
- - Advanced level of experience with excel and ability to comb through large amount of structured and unstructured data.
- - Ability to quickly recognize patterns, gather data, draw logical conclusions and successfully present findings/recommendations to colleagues and management team.
- - Strong communication and presentation skills
- - Highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual
- - Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- - Familiarity with web analytics (Omniture / Google Analytics) and financial modelling an asset