Digital Designer (Contract)
LOCATION: TORONTO, CANADA
Due to significant growth objectives, in 2017 we are relocating our Canadian headquarters to a brand new, custom-built modern space, minutes walking distance to Union Station in downtown Toronto.
The Digital Designer (Contract) will be responsible for design execution, sourcing and creation of all content and graphical elements, email, UI and landing page layout and design, perform administrative responsibilities for the Design department. This role is 75% UI and 25% Creative design.
- • Work from briefs in collaboration with Marketing partners, following established process to manage workflow.
- • Take direction from Art Director and offer input to creative meetings and share new ideas and creative concepts.
- • Produce attractive and effective designs for all media (75% UI, 25% Creative Design)
- • Support the team throughout the execution of campaigns and projects including but not limited to UI/UX design and production, Email newsletters, Internal branding initiatives, Social Media, Advertising (external partners), Provide support to other designers in maintaining brand guidelines for FlightNetwork
- • Maintain the design resources database for the team and support the rest of marketing with graphic requests
Desired Skills and Experience
- • 2+ years of relevant experience in a design role within a technology or agency environment
- • Solid working knowledge of the Adobe CC Creative Suite (Photoshop, Flash and Illustrator)
- • Familiar with HTML and CSS; experience with custom WordPress themes and plugins
- • Solid understanding of UI/UX best practices; demonstrated experience working wireframes, storyboards and user flows
- • Working knowledge of Adobe After Effects and other video editing software an added bonus
- • Experience designing responsive WordPress templates and customization an added bonus
- • Mailchimp experience will also score you brownie points
- • Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and a commitment to timelines, accuracy, organization and professionalism
- • Lead design for small to mid-sized projects with minimal direction, and manage multiple projects while remaining flexible through multiple revisions
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- • Great attitude, willingness to learn/adapt and ability to take constructive feedback and criticism is essential in this role
Only candidates with an online portfolio will be considered for the role.