Agile Project Manager
LOCATION: TORONTO, Canada
Due to significant growth objectives, in Spring/Summer 2017 we are relocating our Canadian headquarters to a brand new, custom-built modern space within minutes walking distance to Union Station in downtown Toronto.
Flight Network is seeking to recruit a seasoned Project Manager to join our technology team in Oakville. This position will report to the Sr. Director, Engineering. In this role you will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of new products to enhance our customer experiences and or to systems upgrades on the FlightNetwork platform. You’ll achieve this by leading a cross-functional team to gather requirements, develop implementation roadmaps and be accountable for the overall project delivery.
Project Planning and Delivery
Defining project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
Business Lead Support
Support the Business Lead in managing expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications.
Project Governance and Process Management
Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
You are an experienced Scrum Master who has been responsible for backlog grooming / prioritization, running standup’s and retrospectives and have a passion for agile software development. Travel is an exciting and dynamic industry. Having experience in our field is great but anyone with a passion for ecommerce and customer experience will enjoy working with our team of travel industry experts.
- ● Delivery of product enhancements and end-to-end launching of features, including supporting our Call Centre operations, Finance and Marketing teams to ensure changes are executed with the highest confidence and coordination
- ● Maintain, communicate and execute delivery roadmap for each initiative
- ● Provide the Business Lead with necessary support of stakeholders and planning
- ● Resource scheduling and planning (Agile)
- ● Analyze our current Agile processes, prioritize areas of improvement, and work alongside key stakeholders to implement the improvements
- ● Communicate project risks
- ● Manage projects in JIRA and Confluence
- ● Monitor and report on key Agile performance metrics to leadership team
- ● Using agile product delivery practices you will work closely with software engineering and QA to build, test, release and measure all product initiatives
- ● Manage product backlogs, project timelines, scope, milestones and prioritization
- ● Create and report key performance indicators including defining and measuring project success
- ● Identify, assess and manage risks; identify and remove dependencies / bottlenecks; manage escalations
- ● Champion for high communication standards and process improvement
- ● Run regular retrospectives and ensuring action items are achieved
Skill Set and Experience
- ● 7 + years of experience as a Project Manager managing complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams. PMP designation is preferred.
- ● A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Scrum/Agile methodologies including understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business need
- ● Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 6-8 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
- ● Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- ● Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- ● A passion and expertise for digital media and ecommerce – experience in travel is a plus
- ● Ability to collaborate with stakeholders at different levels – executives, business leaders, technical experts, etc.
- ● Passionate about building great products
- ● Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent technical work experience is strongly preferred. Business experience (and / or related education) is a strong asset
- ● Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view