LOCATION: TORONTO, Canada
Due to significant growth objectives, in Spring/Summer 2017 we are relocating our Canadian headquarters to a brand new, custom-built modern space within minutes walking distance to Union Station in downtown Toronto.
Flight Network is seeking to recruit a Network Analyst to join our technology team in Oakville. This position reports to the Manager, IT and is directly accountable for the daily management and support of the network infrastructure. This role is also responsible for the maintenance, support, and lifecycle management of these technologies to ensure we drive system stability, achieve service excellence, deliver effective communications for our internal stakeholders within a 24/7 environment.
- • Consult with users and evaluate requirements, recommend designs, provide cost analyses, plan projects, and coordinate tasks for installation of data networks.
- • Analyze and resolve technical problems for established networks.
- • Provide network documentation, training, and guidance to IT team members.
- • Serve as technical specialist in network problems and emergencies.
- • Troubleshoot and resolve network production problems.
- • Conduct technical research on network upgrades and components to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current system.
- • Recommend network solutions for short-, medium-, and long-range network projects.
- • Install, configure and maintain network components.
- • Determine plan layout for new hardware or modifications to existing layout.
- • Install, upgrade, and configure network printing, directory structures, user access, security, software, and file services.
- • Establish user profiles, user environments, directories, and security for networks being installed.
- • Work with vendors to resolve complex network problems.
- • Maintain confidentiality regarding the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- • Other duties as assigned.
- • Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
Skill Set and Experience:
- • Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or technical discipline required.
- • 5+ years of experience in technical roles involving Cisco
- • Solid understanding of industry best practices and standards including ITIL Service Management.
- • Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment and with employees at all levels/areas of the organization
- • Excellent customer service skills, including both verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- • Advanced analytical, consulting, negotiating and meeting facilitation skills
- • Ability to manage and motivate in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment
- • Exceptionally self-motivated and self-directed