Backoffice Senior Developer
LOCATION: TORONTO, Canada
Due to significant growth objectives, in Spring/Summer 2017 we are relocating our
Canadian headquarters to a brand new, custom-built modern space within minutes walking
distance to Union Station in downtown Toronto.
Flight Network is looking for a full-time Senior Developer with proven experience developing
and supporting applications supporting internal users. Candidates must have extensive
experience working in environments following Agile methodologies.
As a senior member of our team, your technical skills and mentorship will be key to the success of
- ● Working on new code to automate human processes
- ● Working with people to understand their processes in order to automate them
- ● Exploring new technology options to improve our applications and development processes
- ● Turning business requirements into deliverable solutions by providing high-quality,
well-structured, well-documented code
- ● Lead project plans, estimations, and status updates
- ● Owning and implementing the solutions
- ● Leading team members as well as mentoring junior developers by encouraging collaboration,
participation, and creative thinking
- ● A degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- ● 5+ years back-end development experience
- ● Solid understanding of modern development practices. Our current tech stack includes Java,
Groovy, Scala, Splunk, AWS Beanstalk, Bamboo, GIT.
- ● You’ve experience building applications for internal users
- ● Deep knowledge of Agile principles
- ● You have a thorough understanding of application performance and distributed systems
including automation and testing.
- ● Excellent communication skills (including the ability to parse technical details into regular
- ● Experience in DevOps and Build Automation
- ● Strong problem solving skills
- ● You are passionate about your code
Nice to Haves:
- ● Experience with JVM languages including Java, Groovy, Scala
- ● If you’re interested in building visually appealing, useful software and you look forward to the
challenge of finding solutions that will revolutionize our industry, we want you.