Los Angeles to Gran Canaria
16 Nov 18 to 23 Nov 18
The seven islands of Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura, La Gomera, Lanzarote, La Palma, and El Hierro make up the Canary Islands. The locals are an eclectic mix of people from South America, Africa, and Europe who despite the proximity to Africa, enjoy a largely European lifestyle with none of the bad weather. Most visitors head to the beautiful beaches on Tenerife and go no further. But it is worth venturing to the other equally beautiful but less crowded islands like La Gomera or Lanzarote, where attractions include a spectacular cactus garden in a quarry, designed by artist Cesar Manrique.
Those keen on exploring the water have plenty of diving schools and locations to choose from while hikers can enjoy the Islands' stark natural beauty on hikes through Timanfaya National Parks, Loro Parque, Mount Teide, and The Route of the Crests on La Palma. Before leaving, catch a concert at the incredible Tenerife Auditorium, which is worth a visit even if there's nothing going on inside!
The mix of cultures has developed Canarian cuisine into a unique blend with surprising flavours and creative takes on European staples. Wine lovers will be impressed by the Islands' number of wineries, concentrated largely around Tenerife, all of which have wine tasting sessions for tourists and locals alike.
Find great deals on flights to Canary Islands in seconds, with our proprietary booking engine that searches over 1,000 airlines including Vueling.
Cheap flights from other popular routes to Canary Islands
- Sydney to Gran Canaria
- Melbourne to Gran Canaria
- Toronto to Gran Canaria C$ 624.00
- Vancouver to Gran Canaria C$ 850.00
- Calgary to Gran Canaria C$ 875.00
- Los Angeles to Gran Canaria C$ 529.00
- Victoria to Gran Canaria
- Nanaimo to Gran Canaria
- Edmonton to Gran Canaria
- Kelowna to Gran Canaria
- Cranbrook to Gran Canaria
- Lethbridge to Gran Canaria
- Saskatoon to Gran Canaria
- Regina to Gran Canaria
- Oklahoma City to Gran Canaria
- Wichita to Gran Canaria
- Winnipeg to Gran Canaria C$ 1363.00
- Montreal to Gran Canaria C$ 688.00
- Abu Dhabi to Santa Cruz La Palma
- Dubai to Gran Canaria
- Minneapolis to Gran Canaria
- Abu Dhabi to Gran Canaria
- Thunder Bay to Gran Canaria
- Ottawa to Gran Canaria C$ 743.00
- Orlando to Gran Canaria
- Tehran to Gran Canaria
- Charlotte to Gran Canaria
- London ON to Gran Canaria
- Hamilton to Gran Canaria
- Buffalo to Gran Canaria
There are loads of flights to The Canary Islands to choose from all year. Besides scheduled carriers, charter flights are very common on smaller carriers. Of the three main airports, Tenerife Norte (TFN) absorbs most of the international flight traffic while Tenerife Sur (TFN) and Gran Canaria (LPA) deal largely with inter-island and Spanish mainland traffic. These three are the cheapest airports to fly into due to the high traffic volumes. Getting to the smaller islands is possible, but more expensive. If you're heading to these, fly into one of the main airports and then use the frequent ferries, ships, or low-cost flights to get there. Remember to always confirm, and then re-confirm your charter flight bookings.
It is common knowledge that the Canary Islands have only two seasons – spring and summer. Summer temperatures fluctuate between 24-35°C, and it is a comfortable 18-24°C from November to February. Anytime is a good time to go to the Islands, but given that there are three peak seasons from July to September, February to March, and mid-December to January, it is hard to find a truly 'off-peak' season to visit. Your best option is to book flights for the period between April to June (except for the Easter holidays) or from November to mid-December.
Terms & Conditions:
* Conditions may apply. Prices subject to date restrictions and availability. Taxes, fees and surcharges are included in prices shown. Prices may differ slightly from what's shown as FlightNetwork.com does not control Airline inventory and is not notified of pricing changes in advance. Some prices may not be active deals, they may be a deal that a visitor has found in the past.