The odds are, you probably won't meet Her Majesty or marry a prince, but England still has plenty for you to see and do. Travel times are short owing to good intercity transport, so you can really pack a lot into a short trip.
For Wordsworth's poetic England, head to the Lake District or the Cotswolds, where life appears to have remained unchanged since the 1800s. England's university towns of Oxford and Cambridge are filled with ceremonial grandeur, and if you're around in spring, you could cheer the rowers on at the highly competitive Oxbridge boat races. Further north, Leeds, Newcastle, Liverpool, and Manchester offer a glimpse at English city life far removed from London's bustle. There are museums, art shows, theatre performances, and nightlife that could rival the capital any day! For a look at England's glorious past, head further south to Bath and Brighton where historical Indian-style buildings and Roman Spas neighbour glass and steel modernity. Or go further back in time to Hadrian's Wall and Stonehenge.
A frequent host to major events such as the Olympics, London is a lively, multicultural city where you can find musical theatre at every corner, and food from almost every part of the world. To sample some of this global fare, try the Borough Market or Brick Lane and then head to any of London's countless local pubs where the local brews are always worth a try.
Find great deals on flights to England in seconds, with our proprietary booking engine that searches over 1,000 airlines including Air Canada, Air Transat and American Airlines.
Cheap flights from other popular routes to England
- Toronto to London C$ 324.16
- Vancouver to London C$ 330.91
- Calgary to London C$ 307.41
- Montreal to London C$ 324.40
- Toronto to Manchester C$ 449.16
- Edmonton to London C$ 380.41
- Ottawa to London C$ 340.42
- Halifax to London C$ 263.11
- New York to London C$ 314.94
- Winnipeg to London C$ 338.16
- Vancouver to Manchester C$ 451.91
- Kuala Lumpur to London C$ 414.90
- Calgary to Manchester C$ 557.41
- Bangkok to London C$ 362.61
- Dublin to London C$ 40.28
- Auckland to London C$ 690.78
- San Francisco to London C$ 470.06
- Miami to London C$ 457.82
- Sydney to London C$ 508.27
- Melbourne to London C$ 491.48
- Auckland to Manchester C$ 753.01
- Christchurch to London C$ 689.08
- Toronto to Birmingham C$ 441.86
- Wellington to London C$ 689.65
- Queenstown to London C$ 972.49
- Brisbane to London C$ 683.33
- Christchurch to Manchester C$ 751.88
- Sydney to Birmingham C$ 635.78
- Melbourne to Manchester C$ 671.82
- Dunedin to London
Getting to England is easy from almost anywhere in the world. Most airlines have direct flights to London as it is a major hub connecting to Europe, North America, South America, Africa and Asia. The main airports in London are Heathrow (LHR), Luton (LTN), Gatwick (LGW), London City (LCY), and Stansted (STN). You can also fly to smaller airports such as Manchester (MAN), Birmingham (BHX), and Southampton (SOU). There are several airlines offering direct flights from Canada to England including Air Transat, Lufthansa, Air Canada, BMI, and British Airways.
Despite its bad reputation, England does have some good weather. From late April to September, it is possible to walk around in shorts and a t-shirt with temperatures as high as 30°C. The weather changes often though, and from October to March, it would not be wise to venture outside without an umbrella and rain-proof coat at hand. The country has had a few instances of snow and flooding in recent years, which cause major disruptions on the roads and railways, so be sure to check the forecasts before heading out the door. July and August are the peak tourist periods, so the best times to visit with good weather and fares are from April to June and in September.